Monday, May 4, 2009

Salad and a Straw- Hell Week Day #1

I am not calling it Hell week anymore because I am convinced that it will produce HEAVENLY results...so let's call it..."THE TEST." And, I am passing. I'm hungry. Down to the wire...

I am sodium loading, water loading and carb depleting this week...which means that for three days I do two/day workouts on only vegetables and heavily salted proteins. They taste great- with salty rubs/ marinades and I top it all of by drinking at least 1.5 gallons of water each day. Today it was over two!

I am incredibly blessed because I am being assisted in my workouts every day this week by different friends. This is a great time to call for help because I feel like I am running on fumes during my workouts and it's a mental battle. The social pressure and support is priceless.

A great friend of mine also had a terrible thing happen to her little girl this past week...the kind of health crisis that opens your eyes and helps to put things in perspective. My heart has gone out to her this week and it's been a constant reminder to stay grounded, and appreciative of every single moment I am given.

So, I may be drinking the left over balsamic vinegar at the bottom of my salad bowl trying to satisfy my appetite, but inside my heart is content with all that God has given me.

Angela Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment